The house corresponds to a principle of identity. It is complex matter, made of practicality and play, of memories and planning. Listening and organising in space was the meaning of a collaboration. In a consonance built in dialogue, Antonino understood a way of being, a rhythm. He interpreted it in proportions, materials and harmonies, giving shape to a new architectural vision. Monumental and intimate. His and mine at the same time. And able to accommodate the sediments and gestures of those who will pass over time.
Francesco Pignataro (the client), [email], Rome, 25 March 2012.
- Time: July–Sept. 2010 (design), Oct. 2010–Jan. 2011 (construction), Feb. 2011 (photography), March 2011 (text)
- Place: Monteverde Vecchio, Rome, Italy
- Area: 80 m² (one storey)
- Typology: apartment
- Architecture design and construction management: Antonino Cardillo
- Client: Francesco Pignataro
- Building contractor: Galliani & Giorgetti
- Masonry: Ripan Michele
- Logistics: Giorgio Giorgetti
- Painting: Petrica Rotaru
- Electrical system: Camai Luca
- Plumbing system: Emiliano Proietto
- Photography: Antonino Cardillo
- Text: Francesco Pignataro