For the third year the London Design Festival is in residence at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Visit our dedicated entrance and Postmodern Cafe on Exhibition Road, with special events and exhibitions at the Sackler centre, plus installations, workshops and talks.
- Murray Moss, Industrial Revolution 2.0
- Beta Tank, Scaffolding Brut
- Beyond The Valley, interactive fabric design
- Postmodern Cafe at the Exhibition Road entrance
- Power of Making 37 British-Ish
- Postmodernism: Style & Subversion 1970–1990
- Outset Design Fund
- A Pylon for the Future
Postmodern Cafe at the Exhibition Road entrance
London Design Festival
To complement the V&A’s keynote exhibition Postmodernism: Style and Subversion 1970–90, the London Design Festival invites you to a Postmodern Cafe at the V&A’s Exhibition Road entrance. Designed by Italian architect Antonino Cardillo, the cafe references many of the style’s Italian design roots, and includes items by Alessi, one of the movement’s early champions. V&A visitors and Festival guests are invited to meet, eat, lounge and revel.